Western Bureau:A second-year medical student from Kenya and a Jamaica public service employee took top honours in the second running of the Black River 5K Run/Walk race on Sunday.Edgar Muganzi strolled away with the top male award after crossing the finish line in 18 minutes 30.18 seconds, while the top female prize went to Juliet Reeves, who stopped the clock in a respectable 27:49.26.Muganzi said after his race that he was delighted to have finished first in his inaugural attempt.”This was a beautiful course. I had no problems with it, and I am very happy to win here,” he said.”I am just so happy to perform and add my part in raising funds for the treatment of cancer,” Muganzi added.Eighty-seven runners and walkers took part in the event, an almost 50 per cent increase in registration over last year, and a pleased David Morris, president of the Black River chapter of the St Elizabeth Chamber of Commerce, stated as much.”I am of the impression that this was a great event, but we put in a real effort to get the word out, and it’s definitely much improved from last year. It’s a growing event that we are proud to be part of,” Morris said.Part proceeds from the event will go towards assisting the Black River branch of the Jamaica Cancer Society.Muganzi was chased across the line by Marcell Stewart in 18:57.65, while Anthony Danvern was third.In the women’s section, first-time entrant Reeves of Savanna-la-Mar, Westmoreland, won ahead of Elinor Daniel, 28:15.04, and Kadian Myers, 36:08.08.Carl Barrett took care of business in the men’s walk, posting 37:16.39. Jon Pierre Cavannah was second with Anthony Graham in third.Cecile Barrett was the female walk winner, with Marsha Alexander taking second, just in front of Janette Kaloo.
Philippines make clean sweep in Men’s and Women’s 3×3 Basketball PLAY LIST 02:43Philippines make clean sweep in Men’s and Women’s 3×3 Basketball06:27SEA Games 2019: No surprises as Gilas Pilipinas cruises to basketball gold02:43Philippines make clean sweep in Men’s and Women’s 3×3 Basketball02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award A bigger NBA 3×3 Philippines 2018 is returning for the eighth straight year this August.This time, there will be a preliminary tournament scheduled in North Luzon from August 11-12 aside from the usual Metro Manila pre-final events from August 18-19.ADVERTISEMENT Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Trump assembles a made-for-TV impeachment defense team Report: Disney dropping the ‘Fox’ from movie studio names DepEd’s Taal challenge: 30K students displaced The 2020 Olympics will open in 2 years, and the heat is on MOST READ LATEST STORIES Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Lacson: Calamity fund cut; where did P4 billion go? Putin’s, Xi’s ruler-for-life moves pose challenges to West In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ The NBA 3X Philippines 2018 includes divisions for boys (under-13, u16, u18, and open category), girls (u18 and open category), an invitation-only Celebrity Division, and a division exclusive to AXA employees and distributors.The finals will be at Mall of Asia Music Hall from August 25-26 featuring top teams in each division.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’During the two-day culminating activity, an NBA player, an NBA legend, and a slam dunk team will be making an appearance.Registration for NBA 3X Philippines 2018 begins on July 25 at www.nba3x.com/philippines. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments
Cummings and CYC-Lib. members posed shortly after the presentation ceremony. Alexander B. Cummings, political leader of the opposition Alternative National Congress (ANC) on March 5, 2019 won the “Face of the Nation Golden Award (FANGA) personality of 2018/2019 from the Christian Youth Community-Liberia (CYC-Lib)CYC-Lib is an international non-governmental organization that was established in Liberia on July 2, 2016, to ensure the spiritual and physical growth of young people, and empower them to help develop and make Liberia gain prominence among the comity of nations.CYC-Lib has a total membership of 300,000 youth in the 15 counties with focus on the spiritual aspect through nation building, programs, conferences, worship, livelihood and skills training.Mr. Testimony Liberation Vorkpor, president and founder of CYC-Lib, said the institution conducted a three-month vetting excise across the counties before arriving at the name Alexander Benedict Cummings as “Personality of the Year.”Vorkpor said during the vetting process, many Liberians selected Mr. Cummings for the numerous contributions he has made to improve the growth and development of Liberia, and building the capacities of young and disadvantaged youth.He called on Cummings not to be complacent with the award, because it is meant to motivate him to do more and understand that his effort has been recognized by the youthful population.Vorkpor added, “winning this award is just a stepping stone and also shows that you have contributed to the national growth and development of the country, and there is still room that you need to do more.“This award is given to you because you are the face of the nation when it comes to youth capacities building and development,” he said.Mr. Cummings, in response, expressed gratitude for the award, adding that it is important to have innovative young people taking the initiative to recognize people, who are trying to do good for the nation in different sectors.He promised to live up to the expectation that the award coeval and encouraged other young people to live by Christian principles and values for the betterment of the nation.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
As a team, Los Osos (18-11) shot 54 percent from the field – including 42 percent from 3-point range – to give the Baseline League its first victory of the postseason. Three league teams were swept out of the playoffs in Wednesday’s wild-card round. “Our goal was to have fun, because when we go out and have fun, we can’t be stopped,” Richard said. “I feel like we’re on a mission, like we’re going to really go far in this tournament.” Los Osos, the No. 15 seed, will advance to play either wild-card entry Beverly Hills or No. 1 seed Redondo Union on Tuesday at a yet-to-be-determined site. Diamond Bar (16-12) won’t get that chance. After finishing third in the Sierra League, the Brahmas entered the postseason hoping to pull an upset or two and see where it got them. “If we can get our bigs involved in the game by giving them touches, it opens everything else up for us,” Smith said. Six-foot-9 seniors Jordan Richard and Cameron Khoury combined for 29 points and 27 rebounds to dominate the inside game and Mide Osifeso scored a game-high 20 points mostly on the strength of his outside shooting. “We were our own worst enemies at times,” coach J.T. Cameron said. “We couldn’t get our of our own way.” The Brahmas aimed to stop Los Osos from getting dribble penetration, and found occasional success. But even when they played good defense, an untimely turnover seemed to doom their efforts. Trailing by 11 at the half and by 20 just seconds into the fourth quarter, Diamond Bar still felt it had a chance until leading scorer Victor Lee got his fifth foul with 5:06 remaining. Lee led the Brahmas with 19 points, with Elijah York (17 points) and Alan Jones (16) also reaching double digits. DIVISION I-A Chino Hills 76, Riverside J.W. North 62 Cory Harkey scored 27 points with 13 rebounds as Chino Hills proved to be the better Huskies (22-6) against visiting J.W. North. Nick Turner scored 24 points for Chino Hills, which advances to the second round for the second year in a row. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! RANCHO CUCAMONGA – It’s been a continuing theme for coach David Smith and the Los Osos boys basketball team: if the Grizzlies’ big men play big, they’re a tough team to beat. Los Osos got one of those big performances on Thursday night, and it resulted in a 74-64 victory against visiting Diamond Bar in the first round of the CIF-Southern Section Division I-A playoffs.
GARDAI have cleared the scene of another road crash today.The incident happened at Moorfield on the main Ramelton to Letterkenny Road.Diversions were in place after a collision earlier but have now been lifted. Gardai say just one vehicle was involved in the crash.Gardaí have also warned that there has been a huge oil spill from Lurgybrack all the way to Ballybofey and conditions are dangerous.It is also extremely dangerous on the Dunlewey to Derrybeg road at An Chuirt where there has been another oil spill.Overnight ice and frost is slowly lifting but motorists should travel with caution. NEW ROAD CRASH SCENE CLEARED BUT WARNINGS OVER OIL SPILLS was last modified: March 21st, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:crashGarda
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBlues bury Kings early with four first-period goals The bill includes $545,000 to widen Rancho Vista Boulevard to six lanes from Fairway Drive to 30th Street East. The project includes a major reworking of the intersection with Sierra Highway to ease rush-hour congestion for workers heading in and out of Air Force Plant 42. More than 6,500 workers now travel along Rancho Vista and Avenue M to jobs at Lockheed Martin’s Plant 10 and the neighboring Air Force Plant 42. The bill includes $250,000 for a $10.5 million city of Lancaster project to build a baseball complex at the former fairgrounds. The complex will not only accommodate local sports programs, but also will be available for tournaments much in the same way the city uses its soccer and softball fields to attract tournaments and sports tourism dollars. Grading work for the complex is wrapping up and the city has bids out for the first phase of development. “Phase 1 will be the basic improvements to 10 fields, some concrete walkways and fencing,” said Lyle Norton, city director of parks, recreation and arts. The funding included in the bill for the complex will likely go toward the next phase of development. Eventually the city wants to have 13 ballfields, permanent concession stands and restroom buildings, lighting and a batting cage. The bill includes $100,000 for the Antelope Valley Boys & Girls Club for a new roof and a heating and air-conditioning system. The club operates out of the former watch-and-wager building at the old fairgrounds on Division Street near Avenue I. The building has a set of old swamp coolers now, which have become a nesting place for birds. To winterize the coolers, a Boy Scout wrapped the coolers with vinyl donated from a billboard company to keep cold air from flowing into the building, said Laura Setzer, the club’s director of development. “I can’t tell you how much this means for the kids,” Setzer said of the funding. The club provides services on a daily basis to approximately 500 children between the ages of 6 and 17. Those services include homework help, tutoring and mentoring programs in addition to social and recreational activities. Although it’s not in the Antelope Valley, another project of interest to north Los Angeles County residents also received funding. The bill also includes $1 million for the Cross Valley Connector transportation project that will connect Interstate 5 and the Antelope Valley Freeway. The Cross Valley Connector will consist of 8.5 miles of new six- and eight-lane arterial roadways, bridges, grade-separated crossings and intersections. The project is expected to significantly ease traffic in and around the Santa Clarita Valley. Jim Skeen, (661) 267-5743 firstname.lastname@example.org 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! PALMDALE – Congress has approved funding for a major intersection project, a baseball field complex, and a new roof and heating system for the Antelope Valley Boys & Girls Club. The Senate and House of Representatives agreed last week to fund the projects in their conference report for the Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development, Judiciary and District of Columbia Appropriations Act. The conference report is the result of negotiations between the two bodies in which differences in their bills are ironed out. The conference report was approved by the House and awaits a vote by the Senate before going to President George W. Bush sign. “I am pleased that the Appropriations Committee saw the vital need in funding these important projects,” said U.S. Rep. Howard “Buck” McKeon, R-Santa Clarita, whose district includes the Antelope Valley.
CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile device What can you even say about this guy? Well, we’ll try to find a few things.Catch up on our other “Game Faces” profiles via the links below — including this one on his fellow Splash Brother. But first, it’s Steph’s time…Stephen CurryContract: 4 years / $166.4 million remaining (Signed a five-year/ $201,158,790 deal in 2015) Outlook: While Curry hoisted the Larry O’Brien Trophy for the second straight …
Johannesburg, Saturday 19 September 2015 – Brand South Africa today joins the nation in wishing the Springboks well ahead of their first game against Japan in the 2015 Rugby World Cup.Speaking from Johannesburg CEO Mr Kingsley Makhubela said, “The South African nation today stands behind the national rugby team ahead of their first encounter in the 2015 Rugby World Cup.”“We look forward to the South African flag flying high in Eastbourne, England when South Africa meets Japan on the field.”“Team South Africa invites all supporters to the fan parks and mini-Ekhaya venues which will be set up in the cities in which the Springboks are playing their matches during the tournament. Let’s get behind the Boks and support them with pride, passion and patriotism,” concluded Mr Makhubela.Supporters can join Team South Africa as follows:CityVenueBirminghamDuke of Norfolk Pub113-114 Western Road, Brighton and HoveEast Sussex, BN1 2ABBirminghamThe Rose Villa Tavern172 Warstone LaneBirmingham, B18 6JWNewcastleThe Black Bull PubBarrack Road, Newcastle Upon TyneNewcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and WearNE4 6BBLondonThe Slug, 7 Hartfield Road, WimbledonLondon, SW19 3TALondonGJ’s, 89 Garret Ln, London, WandsworthSW18 4DWFollow the conversation on #RWC2015 or #Springboks
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Ohio is the state of have and have nots when it comes to rain. Scattered areas of very heavy rain next to limited rain occurred over the last week. Rainfall over Ohio the last week ranged from less than 0.10 inches to over 5 inches. Most places experienced 0.50 to 2 inches.The outlook for the next seven to 10 days calls for below normal rainfall. Rainfall through July 6 across Ohio will generally be under 0.25 inches so things will be drying out in a hurry into the 4th of July holiday.The last week of June will see near normal temperatures and rainfall generally under 0.25 inches except isolated high totals.The first week of July will see above normal temperatures returnwith a heat dome building to the west again. Around this heat dome will be disturbances which brings the risk of storms and localized heavy rain back to the state of Ohio between July 7 to 13.Overall, July is forecast to be warmer and drier than normal. However, extreme maximum temperatures above 95 will also be limited which is good news. Pockets of heavy rain will occur into July but the overall patterns favors slightly drier than normal conditions.You can see all the latest NOAA information for the region at: http://w2.weather.gov/ohrfc/DroughtBriefing